Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Miss You Too

Many times this week I have been reminded about how quickly this semester has flown by. I think about that first intern meeting we had at Ware, the first time I awkwardly met the students, and how I thought it was such a big deal the first time I taught three lessons in one day. Nearly four months have past and I am now approaching my graduation. I seriously can't believe how quickly this as come and gone. I have accomplished a lot, learned a heck of a lot more, and mostly, I have enjoyed every bit of my experience. 

I wanted to write this quick update since I am down to the final days. We graduate Saturday (3 days, 12 hours, and about 10 minutes from now), but I still have to return the following week. All of the other interns are done this Friday, but I, along with the other two special ed "endorsies" stay an extra week. It's killing me really; knowing that everyone else is practically done and I still have loads to do. I can't really complain though, I'm the one who procrastinated. (In fact, I don't even have time to by blogging). I've decided that out of the fifty-ish elementary ed graduates, I am the last one to complete everything. In the next week-ish I have three more formal observations, lessons to write, and one portfolio to complete. People keep telling me to get to work, but I'm not worried, it will all get done eventually! My carefree attitude obviously has no worries. 

As I'm closing in on my final days I'm getting more and more excited each day. I absolutely love Ware, the teachers, and especially the students, but I'm ready for this chapter of my life to come to an end. Today as I was walking in the hall, one of my first graders came up to me lost. I knew exactly where he needed to be so I walked him to that spot. As we walked, he held my hand and turned to me in his quiet, soft voice, "you know Miss Everhart, I miss you." It's those kind of things that make you know that all of the hard work, late nights, lack of sleep, and tears were all worth it in the end. Even in the most frustrating of days (like today), you know that it's all worth it.

I've wished these days away for so long, but now that they are limited, things change a bit. I do want the end to come, but don't ever want to forget every memory that I've made along the way. 

Ya'll (yea, I say that now; even when I teach) probably won't hear back from me until after I'm done on December 16th. Take care. 

Until next time, 

Miss Everhart


No comments: