A first grade classroom without any first graders just isn't quite right. We've got all the posters up, the desks arranged, names on cubbies, and words on the word wall. The only thing missing are the twenty-five kiddos.
This past Thursday and Friday I began my student teaching experience with some teacher work-days. As well as having multiple (overwhelming) student teaching meetings and a few teacher meetings, my cooperating teacher and I spent some time getting the classroom ready. My cooperating teacher, Mrs. K, put my decent handwriting right to work by having me write student names on anything and everything. Though it was a fun first couple of "on-duty" work days, it just wasn't as fun without the first graders.
Now let me tell you about my placement and school. I am placed at Ware Elementary at Fort Riley. The school is K-5 with about 700+ students in one very full building. I am in a first grade classroom with Mrs. K from now until October 14th. After I complete that portion of my student internship I will then move to a 2nd/3rd grade special education (now called ESS for those who care) class to complete that practicum which will leave me endorsed in Special Education/ESS. My cooperating first grade teacher has been teaching for about seven years and is a fun, enthusiastic, and caring person. I often think that we are very similar and I am so exciting to learn from her!
I have created this blog as a way to share with anyone who wants to know about my experience, but it is my intent that this also serves as a "journal" for my own use. Hopefully I will blog here once a week so I can jot down ideas, experiences, and fun times during my student teaching.
I am very excited for this experience and cannot wait for the students to arrive on Monday (in just two days!)
Until next time,
Miss Everhart :)
1 comment:
I'm looking forward to following your adventures Andrea through this blog!!
Post a Comment